The correct diagnostics of the hemostatic system is a worldwide problem.
Modern medicine has a sufficiently large set of biochemical, immunochemical and instrumental methods for the study of the hemostatic system.
Basic disadvantages of the existing methods:
- each of the proposed methods evaluates only the individual components of the hemostatic system failing to give the assessment of the operation and early detection of the damage of hemostasis
- none of the existing methods allows to estimate the hemostatic system parameters using whole blood for this; a citrated plasma is being used instead which does not allow to give a complete picture of hemostasis.
The proposed research technique is based on the usage of the new approach to complex assessment of the hemostatic system. The given technique was worked out by the scientists of the Siberian State Medical University and the Research Institute of Pharmacology of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and is based on the application of the piezoelectric tromboelastography.
The ARP-01M “Mednord” complex is a piezoelectric tromboelastograph which operates with the whole blood and does not require chemical reagents, and is designed for the research of the rheological properties of blood, control and registration of the very insignificant changes of the aggregative state of blood or plasma in the process of their coagulation, calculation of the amplitude and chronometric constants, determination of the intensity of the processes which characterize the main stages of hemocoagulation and fibrinolysis.
The novelty of the proposed instrumental method of coagulometric studies is that it allows to investigate the vascular-thrombocyte and coagulation components of hemocoagulation in their interconnection with obtaining the data on the functional status of the hemostatic system.
The range of application:
- Control over anticoagulation therapy
- Anesthesia and emergency medicine
- Prophylaxis of thromboses
The distinctive consumer characteristic features of the ARP-01М “Mednord” complex.
- no distortion of data due to mechanical and electromagnetic effects on the investigated sample;
- compactness, simplicity and reliability in use, low power consumption;
- automatic testing of the submersible electrical motor parameters;
- conducts research in real time, displays data in graphic and text formats on a PC screen with preservation of a patient’s database;
- automatic scaling of a graphic research;
- personal computer with a computer information processing system IKS “GEMO-3” is used as a processor;
- processor can work simultaneously with three gaging units;
- does not require special laboratory facilities and additional equipment; functions in the operating room as well as in the ward by the patient’s bed;
- low price.
Advantages of the research method with the use of ARP-01М “Mednord”.
- gives a comprehensive assessment of all blood coagulation indicators on-line;
- allows to diagnose in the shortest way, reduce time of research, as well as evaluate the hemostatic system backup capabilities using the method of compensation of blood coagulation potential;
- allows to work with the whole blood as well as with the citrated blood and plasma in the laboratory (any clotting tests) which is especially important in the absence of the clotting service;
- one study requires a small amount of the researched material (1.5 ml. of blood in adults, and 0.6 ml. of blood in children). The electrooculogram recording is implemented within 40 minutes (the primary picture of the situation can be obtained within 5 minutes in the emergency situations);
- does not require expensive chemical reagents;
- in most cases it can completely replace expensive laboratory coagulation tests;
- the hardware complex makes it possible to individualize the process of treatment, and look for unconventional ways of solving the problem for each individual patient.
Examples of graphs:
PATIENTS WITH HYPERCOAGULATION AND HYPOCOAGULATION